Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sai's experience






One fine morning me and my friend started climbing mountain


This is a complex and awesome mountain with a brooding and menacing atmosphere about it. It has a number of largely precipitous and very craggy spurs and ridges, with subsidiary summits, between which are steep, deep, craggy-sided valleys leading to upper corries (hanging valleys). Novices are commonly warned that it is essential to be very sure of your descent route if you are in the cloud on top, because there are many apparent descent route gullies and tracks in different directions off the high ridges which would lead you quickly into serious trouble. I knew about this, having been on the mountain the previous year in good visibility and seen for myself the abundance of tracks starting down in the most hair-raising of places from the high ridge tops and apparently just beckoning people to disaster.

The day in question had a fairly good weather prospect, though with uncertainty as to whether the low cloud wreathing the mountain tops would fully lift off or break up. I was still very much in the process of gaining basic experience, having by this time had three annual spring visits to the same area of the Highlands, and, as usual, I was walking on my own.


At that time my fear spokes to me that " hello sai you've done it this time but u forgot the path at which way u came .. Surely there must be some way but couldn't find any answer,we almost got affraid, at the end we find out the path and we get down. really i got a good experience..

No comments: